Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) play a crucial role in tackling crime, addressing the needs of their communities and ensuring the justice system is fair and effective.
This document highlights some of the main challenges currently facing the criminal justice system and provides practical, innovative solutions that PCCs could include in their plans upon taking office, in regards to:
- Supporting the long-term recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic
- Tackling violence and exploitation
- Supporting victims of crime
- Reducing the harm caused by drugs
- Breaking the cycle of re-offending
- Building trust in policing across all communities
It also focuses on ideas that involve working together with community and voluntary sector organisations, making use of the unique convening role of PCCs.
Read the Public Safety, Public Trust briefing.